Pre Teen Mannington District Fair Application & Information
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPETE
- Be at least ten (10) years old and not more than twelve (12) years old by August 1, 2023
- Must be a resident of Marion County
- Must be recognized medically and legally as a female. If gender at birth was not female you must provide legal recognition of assigned gender as female. Legal recognition accepted is a birth certificate.
- Must participate in the practices, luncheon/interview, dress rehearsal, fair parade and pageant; including providing your own vehicle for the parade. *Extraordinary situations will be assessed by pageant directors*
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY – Paper Applications & Payment Will Not Be Accepted. Submissions Must Be Online.
- The deadline for registering is Sunday, July 30, 2023.
- Theme-wear is chosen once officially registered and is first come, first served.
- Once payment and application is completed online the directors will contact you at the phone number listed on application about choosing your theme-wear.
- Applications and $75.00 registration fee (plus a $1.75 processing fee) can be completed and paid online by clicking the link below.
For us to have your child’s full cooperation, without any distractions, we request that you entrust your child to our care and instruction for the duration of all rehearsals. During practice we ask that parents not sit in the stands of the stage. You may leave, sit in car, walk around fairgrounds or sit behind the stands. This will ensure your child is focused and paying attention to the directors’ directions. All practices will be held at the Mannington District Fair Stage starting and ending at the times listed on the provided calendars. There is a restroom available at the stage. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from the practices. Parents should be ready to pick up contestants promptly at the end of practice. Keep in mind our practice is outside. In the case that practice needs to be ended early due to rain the pageant directors will contact the phone number listed on your application to pick their child up early.
Please make sure your child:
• Wears comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. Nothing fancy as we’re practicing on an outdoor stage.
• Brings a drink.
- Interview – “Sunday Best” outfit.
- Parade – Pageant provided T-Shirt with any bottoms & shoes of contestant’s choice.
- On Stage Introductions & On Stage Interview – Pageant provided T-Shirt with bottoms & shoes of contestant’s choice.
- Theme-Wear – Dress up as your chosen theme-wear. You will need to turn in a write-up that will be read while the contestant is on stage. This should include what the board or video game is, fun facts about the game, how the contestant’s outfit is like the game, anything you want read while contestant is on stage. Use your imagination and make it fun! You may choose which song you want to play in the background while on stage that will play while the write-up is being read. Contestants have 1:50-2:00 minutes (if needed) on stage to do whatever they would like to do. Handheld props are allowed. A maximum of 3 on-stage props may be used (pageant staff will place before contestant comes on stage). If on-stage props are needed, please inform staff of the placement of the on-stage props. On-stage props must be approved by directors. Props are not required.
- Evening-Wear – Formal, age appropriate, dress. Visit our Facebook, Mannington District Fair Pre Teen Pageant, to view previous photos and examples of the types of dresses our contestants have worn in the past.
- 3 Judges will be selected by the committee, residing outside of the Mannington area, and be unknown to any of the contestants (to the best of our ability) and have no affiliation with said contestants.
- The judges' decision will be final.
- The committee’s point system for judging is as follows:
- Private Interview = 60 points
- Parade Participation = 20 points
- On Stage Intros/Interview = 40 points
- Theme Wear = 40 points
- Evening Wear = 40 points
- Pre Teen Photogenic (Required)
- A photo of your choice will need to be texted to the pageant director during the week of practice. These will be judged by an outside committee. The contestant with the most votes will be awarded a medal.
- Pre Teen Personality (Required)
- The pageant directors will be awarding a medal to the contestant that is the most helpful, kind and friendliest to their peers. The pageant directors are with the contestants the whole week before the pageant and will be observing their attitudes towards the other contestants throughout their time spent with them.
- Pre Teen Queen of Hearts (Optional)
- This optional portion of the pageant allows the contestants to collect for CASA of Marion County whose mission is to promote, educate and advocate for children who have been abused and neglected. Money collected will be used to purchase items from their Amazon Wishlist to help support the victims of child abuse and neglect. All money should be turned in during the parent night on Sunday, August 6, 2023. Contestant that collects the most is awarded a medal..
- Second Runner-Up
- Will be awarded a trophy.
- First Runner-Up
- Will be awarded a trophy.
- Pre Teen Mannington District Fair Queen Winner
- Will be award $75.00, a trophy, flowers, sash, tiara, riding wristband, admission tickets, and the prize package displayed on stage.
LIST OF IMPORTANT DATES
- Deadline for Applying - Sunday, July 30, 2023.
- Practices - Monday, July 31 – Friday, August 4 from 6:00-8:00 at Fairgrounds Stage. Start bringing your song choice & theme-wear write-up to practices. The sooner you turn them in the sooner your child will get to practice with these items on stage if they’d like.
- Lunch & Private Interview with Judges - Saturday, August 5 from 11:00-2:00 at the West August Historical Society Building across from Dollar General in Mannington.
- Dress Rehearsal & Parent Night - Sunday, August 6 at 3:00 at Fairgrounds Stage. Parents encouraged to stay and watch to get an idea of how the pageant will work. Also, if contestant has on-stage props, these need to be brought and explained placement on stage to directors. If you are competing for the Pre Teen Queen of Hearts award this is the deadline to turn in the money collected.
- Parade & Pageant - Monday, August 7 line-up for parade by 5:00. Line-up begins near First Exchange Bank and travels up the hill towards Metz. Parade begins at 6:00. Pageant begins at 8:00.
For more infomation Text or Call: Bridget Travinski 304-376-4851 or Brittany Cross 304-657-0125 (evenings and weekends only)